A Leibster Award - such a lovely thing - a way to spread the love by bloggers to their fellow bloggers.
I am thrilled to have been nominated by Joan from the visually gorgeous website Joan Somers Design. Do take a visit there. I did today, just to check on the details of this award and got utterly distracted by all the loveliness.
The idea behind this award is to introduce readers to new and interesting blogs - a “get-to-know-you” experience if you will. Here's how it works:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
2. Give readers 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer 11 questions from the blog of the person who
4. Nominate 5-11 bloggers for this award.
5. Come up with 11 questions for your nominees.
Here are 11 random facts about me:
1. I really must have ice in my cold drinks.
2. I have half a dozen teapots, but only one cup & saucer.
3. I like to write with a fountain pen.
4. I'm scared of heights.
5. I love rugby.
6. I suffer from motion sickness on fairground rides.
7. I like living alone.
8. I have a kindle, but wish I had room for a library.
9. I still type at over 100wpm.
10. Walking regularly keeps me sane.
11. I would love to live by the sea.
My answers to Joan's questions:
1. Screened porch or deck? Screened porch - or conservatory.
2. Library or bookstore? Bookstore.
3. Movies or happy hour? Movies - I don't get to watch enough.
4. Grass or sand? Sand - I miss the sand between my toes.
5. Pizza or tacos? Not especially fond of either.
6. Fiction or non-fiction? I love both - but fiction preferred.
7. Sunrise or sunset? Sunrise.
8. Classic rock or classical? Classical, but more a jazz fan.
9. Coffee, black or white? Black - and strong.
10. Neutral colors or bright colors? Black, black and more black.
11. Flip flops or cowboy boots? Cowboy boots.
My nominations are:
That Voice Within Me
This & That
The Write Journey
The Menopause Fairy
Voices under the Sun
My questions to those I nominated are:
1. Beach house or country cottage?
2. Opera or a play?
3. Sparking or still water?
4. Japanese or Thai food?
5. Red or white wine?
6. Trousers or skirts?
7. Earings - pierced or clip on?
8. Carnivore or vegetarian?
9. E-reader or book?
10. Lawn or patio?
11. Films - action or literary?
I hope these blogs will be new to you - enjoy reading and in spreading the blogging enjoyment!